Jill Ann Rutten
Jill is a former U.S National team player and seasoned professional having played for 16 years in Japan, Sweden, Italy (2-time Italian champions), Germany and Switzerland. She holds a USSF “B” license and currently the Head Coach for Maryland Olympic Development Program U17s and is the middle school coach for Sandy Spring Friends School. She was inducted into the Maryland Hall of Fame in 2018 and the Springbrook High School Hall of Fame in 2015. Jill formerly coached at OBGC, Brit-Am, and most recently at FCGB.
Professional Club Career
- 2003-2008 - Football Club (F.C.) Rapid Lugano (Lugano, Switzerland): NLA and B
- 2002 - Foroni Calcio Femminile (Verona, Italy): Serie A, Italian & SuperCup Finalists
- 2001 - Atletico Oristano F.C. (Oristano, Italy): Serie A
- 1999 & 2000 - Pisa C.F. (Pisa, Italy): Serie A
- 1998 - Modena C.F. (Modena, Italy): Serie A, Italian & SuperCup Champions; Klinge-Seckach (Merchingen, Germany): Bundesliga, All Baden Regional Team
- 1996 & 1994 - Umeå Idrottsklub (IK) (Umeå, Sweden): Allsvenskan (1996), Division 1 (1994)
- Torino Calcio Femminile (Torino, Italy): Serie A
- 1992-1994 - Fujita Mercury Tendai (Tokyo, Japan): Ladies Soccer League, East-West All Stars (1993)
National Team and Collegiate Accolades
- National Team: S. Nike Cup (1998, 1991)
- S. National B Team: North American Cup (1990)
- S. Olympic Sports Festival (1998, 1994, 1990, 1989, and 1987)
- Collegiate honors from North Carolina State University: Raleigh, North Carolina (1986-1989, 1991)
- Scholarship starter all 4 years, captain (1989); team MVP (1987,1991), career assist record holder
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA): All Final Four Team (1988)
- Three-time All Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC); three-time All South Team; two-time All ACC Team
- Soccer America All-Freshman Team (1986), MVP Team (1991), All-American (1991)
- East-West Senior Bowl 1991, ACC 50th Anniversary Soccer Team (Top 50 All-Time ACC Players)
- Springbrook High School Hall of Fame 2015
- Maryland Soccer Hall of Fame 2018
FCGB (Football Club Girondins de Bordeaux), Olney, Maryland (MD). (former OBGC teams)
- 2019-2020: 2001 EDP National League Div 1. FCGB Mustangs: 2011/12 EDP Futures U8 and Sam Select U9, Alexandria Columbus Day tournament champs. 2010 U10 Spring Sam Select first year and Fall EDP Futures, 2008 EDP, 2007 EDP, 2006/7 Sam Select
- 2018: 2001 Blue EDP National League D2/1, 2001 White National league D3/2. 2001 Blue Loudoun Showcase and Columbia Fall Classic tournament semi-finalists, White 2001 Presidents Cup champs and Virginia Beach Rush Cup finalists. FCGB Mustangs 2007s and 2008s EDP. FCGB Mustangs: 2008 and 2007 EDP; 2011-12 Sam Rec U8 Fall and spring 2011 U8 EDP Futures and U10 Sam Select.
Olney Boys and Girls Club (OBGC) Freedom, Olney, MD. Freedom Blue 2001 team: 2009 - 2017. Freedom Orange 2001 team: 2013 – 2017.
- 2017: (U17) Freedom Blue and Orange 2001 (EDP D2/NCSL D2); Mustangs 2007 (NCSL); Mustangs 2008 (OBSL). Blue U17 team Baltimore Mania semi-finalists
- 2016: (U14-15) Freedom Blue and Orange 2001 (NCSL D1/NCSL D3); Mustangs 2007 and 2008 (OBSL) Blue 2001 team Columbia Invitational Memorial Day tourney Champs and White team semi-finalists
- 2015: (U13-14) Freedom Blue and Orange (WAGS); (U8) Mustangs (OBSL)
- 2014: (U12-U13) Blue 01 team Div.1, Orange team Div. 5 WAGS (Washington Area Girls Soccer League). Blue team: Adidas Washington Gateway Tournament champs, OBGC Labor Day Tournament finalist. Orange team: Sportsmanship award spring.
- 2013: (U11-U12) Blue Div. 1, Orange Div.5 WAGS. Blue team: Good Counsel Futsal Tournament finalists, Columbia Memorial Day Tournament champs, OBGC Labor Day Tournament champs, St. John’s Futsal Tournament champs.
- 2012: (U10-U11) Blue team: Moved from OBSL to WAGS in fall. WAGS Tournament finalists, Ice Cup Tournament champs. WAGS U11 sportsmanship award.
- 2009-2011: (U8-U10) Blue team: OBSL (Olney-Bethesda Soccer League).
Brit-Am Soccer Academy All-Stars, Gaithersburg, MD. 2010-2020. Montgomery Soccer Incorporated (MSI) Classic League.
- 2014 (U13-U14) MSI Div.2. Sportsmanship award in spring.
- 2013 (U12-U13) MSI Div.2.
- 2012 (U11-U12) MSI Div.1. Red team combined with White due to ten players successfully moving on to travel soccer.
- 2011 (U10-U11) Red team Div.1, White team Div.3. Both teams won sportsmanship award in spring. White team qualified for Div.2.
- 2010 (U10) Two teams- Red and White. Sportsmanship award in fall- Red team..
Maryland Olympic Development Program (ODP), Glen Burnie, MD. 2013-present.
- 2018 U17- team girls
- 2017 U17- team girls. Semi-finalists for Region 1 tournament in Delaware.
- 2016 U17 team- girls. Semi-finalists for Region 1 tournament in Delaware.
- 2015 U17 team- girl
- 2014 U17 team-girls
- 2013 U17 team-girls. Semi-finalists for Region 1 tournament in Delaware.
Sandy Spring Friends School: Sandy Spring, MD. 2015- present. Coach the middle school program.
Chevy Chase Chili Peppers, Chevy Chase, MD. 2009. MSI Classic Div.2 advanced to Div.1